Sunday, April 08, 2007

Resurrection Day Celebration

As moms, we have discovered a new festivity to add to our holiday madness: creating and capturing the perfect picture. Whether our child is hunting for eggs, licking frosting off of a sugar cookie or dressed up in their Sunday best; we are obsessed with the attempt to capture the moment in not just a picture but an absolutely adorable picture! The problem is that our children do not seem to share in the enthusiasm of the new festivity and thus the games begin…

David discovered that hard boiled eggs are more fun to hunt than plastic ones because once you find them you can crack them, pull the yoke out, throw it on the ground and then stomp all over it.



Decorating Sugar cookies is a lot funner than David thought it would be. It is pretty hard to top unlimited sugar followed by dancing to Hillsong kids' concert.



The moms thought they were brilliant in their strategy to bribe the kids into a picture with Easter candy. The kids were one step ahead of us though. They managed to eat all of the candy without getting even close to a pose for the camera!

Mom, did you really think that tossing all of these plastic eggs on our laps would somehow make us sit still and smile really cute? I think you need to work on your originality! I already saw that trick on Sam's blog.
-David

What did moms do before the invention of the digital camera!



1 comment:

Chris and Jenni said...

Dave,
Was there candy in your eggs, because my eggs were empty? My parents wondered why I stopped hunting eggs after I opened the first egg, but I told them "you can't muzzle the ox while it treads out the grain."
Great idea with the egg yokes, though, you will have to show me how to do it next time I see you.
Sam